Combine your love of all things gourmet with the spectacular beauty of the Great Barrier Reef - and a good dose of luxe living! - at Hamilton Island's Great Barrier Feast event held on Friday 14 - Sunday 16 September this year. The third in this popular annual event welcomes Martin Boetz as a guest chef, Australia's leading talent of contemporary Thai-style Asian cooking, who will be showcasing his culinary prowess of masterfully blended aromas, textures, flavours and colours to delight attending foodie aficionados with his unique fusion of exquisite Thai and Southern Chinese influenced cuisine.
Held at Hamilton Island's qualia, guests will immerse themselves in an intimate weekend of exclusive behind-the-scenes master classes and the best of the Whitsundays and Australian gastronomy. Emceed by revered restaurant critic Simon Thomsen, Friday's opening night will feature a welcome dinner by qualia's new Executive Chef, Alastair Waddell, paired with wines discussed by eminent wine expert James Halliday.
Saturday will see Boetz host two unique master class cooking demonstrations, providing guests with an exclusive opportunity to learn from and ask questions of one of the country's top chefs. The Great Barrier Feast will culminate with a showpiece dinner executed by Boetz at qualia's spectacular Long Pavilion.
And to celebrate, some of the island's best resorts have announced some really great accommodation packages (as if you needed any more enticing to come!). Guests can choose between the below accommodation packages for the culinary weekend which includes the dinners by both Waddell and Boetz, plus tickets to both master classes.
Package inclusions consist of:
- two nights' accommodation
- Breakfasts both days
- 'Welcome Dinner' by qualia Executive Chef, Alastair Waddell
- Showpiece Dinner' on Saturday night prepared by Martin Boetz
- Tickets to both master classes
- VIP chauffeur service
- VIP return Hamilton Island Airport/Marina transfers and use of non-motorised watercraft.
* qualia packages also include the hire of a golf buggy.
* Guests must be 18 years or over to attend the Great Barrier Feast event.
- Secluded luxury resort of qualia, package prices start from $1,695 per person, based on twin share.
- Boutique Beach Club, packages are from $1290 per person, based on twin share.
- For groups of up to eight people, stay at the new waterfront Hamilton Island Yacht Club Villas, room only rates are from $1350.
- Tickets for both dinners are an additional $720 total per person.
To book go to the event website or contact the Luxury Specialist team by email: email@example.com or tel: 1300 780 959.