From 7th June, over four evenings, the tranquil island of Orpheus, located in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, will play host to 'unWINEd', a bespoke wine event offering guests the ultimate in tropical escapism and vinous hedonism.
Each evening, well-known Melbourne wine raconteur, Peter Marr, will lead guests on a unique sensory experience as he showcases a selection of premium drops from the world's great wine regions. Guests will join him on an intimate and comprehensive 2-hour masterclass each evening, savouring a range of wines from the Piedmont (Italy), Burgundy (France), Iberian (Spain and Portugal) and the New World regions (Americas, Australia & New Zealand). In addition, guests will acquire the techniques to complement wines to perfect food matches.
Resident Head Chef Arie Prabowo (pictured), a protégée of the esteemed Cheong Liew (Botanical restaurant, Melbourne), will tailor an awe-inspiring menu over the course of the four days, with dinners themed to each masterclass region, honouring a bounty of locally-sourced and seasonally fresh ingredients.
The unWINEd on Orpheus (from $5,300) package includes:
- Four nights' beachfront accommodation for two guests
- A two-hour masterclass each evening
- All gourmet meals (dinners themed to masterclass region)
- Complimentary inclusion of selected regional wines, beers and soft drinks
- One nature-based experience each day (snorkelling, fishing, sunset cruise, local island tour)
- Return transfers between Townsville and Orpheus
Spaces are very limited so be quick to book your place! To take part in this ultimate vinous/foodie escape, simply call (07) 4777 7377.